World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the world's leading conservation organization, seeks a Program Officer, Forest Sector Transformation. The Program Officer is part of the WWF-US Forests team, whose vision is to conserve the world's forests to sustain nature's diversity, benefit our climate, and support human well-being. The Program Officer assists in implementing WWF programs to engage US companies on responsible forest product sourcing, and other actions companies can take to avoid deforestation and forest degradation and sustain global forests. S/he assists in relationship management with companies and external partners; provides research and technical support for WWF forestry and trade initiatives; and coordinates with other WWF offices on efforts to advance responsible forestry in key countries. The Program Officer organizes WWF events and participation in external forums, and represents WWF at external events. S/he also summarizes program updates and provides communications support.
- Assist with relationship management for companies participating in WWF's Global Forest & Trade Network (GFTN) and other WWF platforms focused on responsible forestry and trade. Includes reviewing procurement policies, action plans and targets; maintaining records on companies' progress; and drafting updates for program participants on issues of interest.
- Provide research and technical support for WWF initiatives related to specific forest product sectors, forest legality, forest certification, traceability, deforestation, forest degradation, permanent protection of responsibly managed working forests, and forest restoration.
- Assist with implementation of WWF-US efforts to advance responsible forestry and trade in key countries, in coordination with relevant WWF offices.
- Organize or assist with WWF meetings, workshops and special events related to responsible forestry and trade. Represent WWF or assist with preparation for external meetings, conferences or initiatives related to WWF-US Forest Sector Transformation and Forest goals.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries related to WWF's Forest Sector Transformation work, and draft or provide support for communications materials.
- Serve on internal WWF teams to develop, implement or scale-up innovative projects and collaborations across goal teams for achieving WWF-US Forest goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree is required in a relevant field such as forestry, forest products, natural resources management, environmental management, sustainability, supply chain, or business. A Master's Degree is desired.
- Must have three years of experience in a related field. Private sector experience is desirable.
- Experience with international forestry issues, forest products trade, forest certification, supply chain management or corporate sustainability preferred.
- Must be highly motivated and able to complete multiple tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Excellent research skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to synthesize technical information succinctly for a variety of audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as a team member with a wide range of individuals across cultures and time zones
- Knowledge of Spanish, Mandarin, French or Portuguese language desirable.
- Overseas experience is desirable.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally within the US. Infrequent international travel possible.
- Application Deadline is Sunday, October 1st
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #18012
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status.