A privately-held pipeline company with assets in Western US and Gulf Coast focused on acquiring, upgrading and operating existing crude oil pipelines is seeking a Environmental Coordinator to join their team in Long Beach.
This position is part of the Environmental, Health & Safety Team working with the entire Pipeline organization to provide environmental engineering and monitoring necessary to operate our pipeline assets and the business in a manner that is safe, reliable and compliant with all applicable federal and state compliance regulations; EPA, Regional Air & Water Districts, DTSC, OSHA, DOT, Ca State Fire Marshall, etc. Provide information on design and operating requirements of pipeline facilities to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Ensure company-wide environmental compliance; gather information on all issues, technologies and regulations as they relate to the operation of pipelines.
- Ensure that the output of design and construction of new facilities and the modification and maintenance of existing facilities meet the requirements of environmental standards and compliance.
- Inspect company property to identify areas susceptible to hazardous substance contamination, public inquiry or other potential risk to the company.
- Evaluate operational environmental problems and recommends necessary changes in procedures or equipment.
- Maintain and may develop environmental programs; keeps informed on new or updated environmental legislation.
- Review inspection reports and citations from the Environmental Protection Agency and other government agencies; prepares documentation and reports required by the EPA.
- B. S. in Engineering or Science degree from an accredited college required or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of Environmental Compliance
- Proven EHS track record
- Title V record-keeping and reporting
- Waste Management
- 40 CFR
- CUPA and local Environmental Health Departments
- Background knowledge in Biological and Cultural resources
- EPA / Regional Air & Water Districts
- Knowledge of Pipeline operating and regulatory requirements; DOT / CA State Fire Marshall
We are seeking individuals desiring long term career opportunities. This position is direct hire. Salary range will be $55,000 to $75,000 per year plus annual bonus. Individuals will qualify for full benefits package. For immediate consideration, please contact Kai Chauncey at (714) 347-1221.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com