Water Resource Planner
The Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission (SPC) Water Resource Center is seeking a full time Water Resource Planner to participate in the development, implementation and administration of water resource planning and stormwater management programs. This is technical not a policy position.
- Coordination of regional trainings/meetings on various water-related topics.
- Research, compile, analyze and coordinate technical, financial, information pertaining to the agency’s program activity.
- Assist with providing technical assistance/coordination within the 10-County region for the completion of/updates to PA Act 167 Stormwater Management Plans.
- Assist in the development of educational/outreach materials such as fact sheets, technical guidance documents and work with key staff on maintaining and expanding the Water Resource Center’s website.
- Assist with the development of marketing materials. Coordinating, monitoring, analyzing, and reporting metrics to support WRC marketing efforts
- Maintain and update files and databases on program activity.
- Write, review and edit reports, grants, educational, technical materials and memorandums.
- Plan, prepare for, and staff both technical and specialty meetings.
- Conduct field work/data collection as needed.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public Administration, Environmental Biology, Environmental Education or other closely related field.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in water resource planning/community/economic development or environmental education.
- Experience in coordination of events, water resource planning and knowledge of public sector regional planning, municipal governments and state & federal grant research & management.
- Familiar with sustainability practices, stormwater management techniques, conservation, and land management for urban & rural areas.
- Must enjoy public speaking and being in front of large audiences.
- Must have communication, writing, organizational, analytical and computer skills.
- Knowledge of Constant Contact or similar email marketing systems. A familiarity with social media platforms and GIS skills a plus.
- Self-starter. Ability to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Experience working with PA Act 167 Stormwater Planning, MS4 program, Green Infrastructure and other stormwater best management practices is strongly desired.
- Comfortable working outdoors in inclement weather and a variety of environments.
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle for in-region travel and a valid driver’s license.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com