WORLD WILDLIFE FUND
Senior Advisor, Trade, Investment and Economic
Reporting to: Vice President, Conservation
Wildlife Fund Canada is seeking a seasoned and enthusiastic specialist
in international trade, investment, public finance and/or fiscal
policy to assist in finding innovative ways to harness market forces
for conservation. Combining technical knowledge, strategic thinking
and entrepreneurial energy, the successful candidate will be responsible
for developing WWF policy proposals, lobbying for their adoption,
including presentations in high-level private and public sector
forums, and developing practical partnerships with specific businesses.
· Identifying and developing advocacy strategies relating to international
trade policy, investment, and economic issues that offer an opportunity
to advance WWF-Canada's conservation goals or pose a risk to them.
· Research and analysis, formulating recommendations and promoting
them publicly and in high-level meetings with business leaders,
investment advisors, government officials, international trade bodies,
and multi-lateral institutions. Examples of projects include: designing
and advocating ecological taxation reform proposals to create incentives
for sustainable forest management in Canada, leveraging decisions
within the investment community that align with conservation goals,
and spearheading WWF's hemispheric efforts on the FTAA (Free Trade
Area of the Americas) as it relates to forest conservation.
· Serving as a representative in Canada of the global WWF Trade
and Investment Team (TICORE).
qualifications, knowledge, experience:
· A graduate degree in law, economics, trade or commerce, preferably
with an international policy or environmental theme.
· Five years of relevant private or public sector work experience
with a focus on trade and environment policy or environmental industries.
· Demonstrated experience with advocacy and the demonstrated capacity
for innovative thinking on conservation issues.
· Working knowledge of Canadian and international environmental
· Familiarity with regional trade patterns in the Americas and/or
work experience in Latin America an asset.
and abilities required:
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills
· Language skills in French and/or Spanish an asset
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent presentation skills
· Demonstrated ability to work on many and varied projects at the
same time without compromising quality or efficiency
· Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision
· Ability to work as a team player
Terms: This is a full-time position to June 30, 2003, with the possibility
of renewal. The successful candidate will be eligible to participate
in the company's comprehensive benefits plan. This position will
be of interest to those looking build upon their past successes
in the fields of trade, policy and investment within a leading conservation
A resume, covering letter with salary expectations, and a sample
of writing should be directed to the Human Resources Department
by March 4, 2002, World Wildlife Fund Canada, 245 Eglinton
Avenue East, Suite 410, Toronto, Ontario, M4P 3J1, or by email to
email@example.com. No phone
calls or faxes please.
back to home page