POSITION: Consulting Utility Forester
STARTING DATE: Immediately. Resumes accepted until suitable candidate is selected.
The Davey Resource Group (DRG), a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is currently hiring arborists, foresters, horticulturalists, natural resource specialists, plant and outdoor enthusiasts to join our workforce.
POSITION LOCATION: Kern County, California
- Work with major gas/electric utility system and address its forestry needs
- Inspect and assess the rights of way for vegetation requiring pruning or removal to avoid conflicts with overhead conductors
- Identify tree and brush control work and enter data into hand-held computer
- Notify landowners of impending compliance or reliability work
- Discuss and negotiate incompatible vegetation removals
- Assess terrain, habitat, and environmental conditions
- Coordinate with project managers, planners, and vegetation crews
- Two or four year degree in horticulture, forestry, urban forestry, or related discipline
- Utility right of way vegetation management experience preferred
- Ability to identify local tree species and knowledge of growth rates
- Organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
- Clean DMV driving record and ability to drive and operate a 4x4 vehicle
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Pay rates based on qualifications and experience. DRG offers competitive wages, incentive programs, excellent benefits and F/T positions include option to buy Company stock after 1yr, access to industry related training materials and Davey Extension Courses.
Pre-employment drug screen and Social Security Number verification required. The Davey Tree Expert Company and DRG are employee owned and are Equal Opportunity Employers.
CONTACT: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Davey’s website for additional job opportunities and company information.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com