Few vacancies in the following locations
- Cortland, OH
- Deerfield, OH
- Connellsville, PA
- Ford City, PA
- Hermitage, PA
- Saegertown, PA
- Slickville, PA
- Tionesta, PA
- Warren, PA
- Wilcox, PA
Positions get filled FAST - Don't Delay!
- Positions will be filled at the GS-03 grade level. The grade offered will be based on HR review of your application package and responses to the occupational questionnaire. Positions do not provide promotion potential or offer career progression.
- You must be at least 18 years old by your first official workday.
- If selected and not currently residing in the local commuting area of the position's duty location, you must be willing to relocate to the commuting area within 30 days of accepting the tentative job offer. Relocation costs will not be paid or reimbursed. Employer-sponsored housing is not available and will not be authorized.
As a Park Ranger, you will provide support to the Park Manager and/or higher graded Park Rangers in carrying out various technical and administrative duties inherent in operating a flood control multi-use lake project. Major duties support operation and maintenance of the flood control facilities, support recreational activities available to public, and support protection and preservation of natural resources.
- Assists visitors with problems such as camping, swimming, picnicking, boating, hiking etc.
- Provides information in the form of talks to visitors on the area.
- Promotes good public relations by responding courteously to inquiries concerning accommodations, roads, fishing grounds, camping sites, flora and fauna, historical features-of the area, etc.
- Reports misuse of properties or facilities, unsanitary conditions, public nuisances, etc. to supervisor and/or local police.
- Performs various light maintenance tasks, as required in Resource Management Programs:
- Planting and/or watering trees, planting ground cover in eroded areas;
- Building and installing signs;
- Moving and cleaning tables;
- Patrolling camp sites by removing debris, picking up litter and cleaning fire rings;
- Occasionally working as part of a crew engaged in project maintenance activities such as building trails.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
Work is performed both in and outdoors which can expose you to the usual climate extremes. You must wear a prescribed uniform and maintain a neat, clean, and orderly appearance; as well as meet and deal with visitors in a friendly, courteous, and tactful manner. You must be able to walk, climb, and carry equipment and supplies up to 50 pounds (assistance will be available for heavier items). Outdoor work may expose you to bee stings and insect and/or snake bites, as well as the usual danger of working with power tools while performing maintenance duties. You must wear appropriate safety gloves and protective clothing, as required.
$26,786 to $35,373/year. Series & Grade GS-0025-03.