ERM is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Environmental Consultant/Geologist to join our growing team in Richmond, VA. Working under the direction of senior project managers and partners, the successful candidate will focus on site investigation and remediation activities with opportunities to work on a variety of projects covering the full spectrum of ERM’s services. This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to implement the latest site investigation and remediation technologies.
- Conduct field work, including soil, sediment, ground water, and surface water sampling, aquifer testing, drilling oversight and soil logging, soil boring and monitoring well installation, well development, purging and sampling, and construction oversight.
- Coordinate and direct drilling, surveying, and laboratory services.
- Provide construction oversight on environmental remediation projects, and operations and maintenance of environmental remediation systems.
- Assist in data interpretation and preparation of site work plans, spreadsheets, figures, and technical reports.
- Perform Phase I and II environmental assessments to support property transfer transactions.
- Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from project managers.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in geology, hydrogeology, or related discipline; Masters a plus. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Willingness/interest in field assignments and some travel.
- Environmental field work experience and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification, a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience writing detailed technical reports a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com