ERM is seeking a hands-on Air Quality Staff Scientist to join our consulting firm in Pittsburgh, PA. The successful candidate will work on a variety of projects across industry sectors with emphasis on the Oil & Gas sector. This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to deliver solutions for our clients relating to the planning and permitting of their capital projects, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
- Conduct fieldwork, including ambient air monitoring, LDAR surveys, and support wetland, water resource or habitat assessments, sample collection (soil, sediment, ground water, and surface water) and other forms of field data collection and mapping.
- Coordinate and direct site field activities, laboratory and other subcontracted services.
- Assist in data interpretation and preparation of site work plans, spreadsheets, figures, technical reports, and permits.
- Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from Project Managers.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, land owners/occupants, and clients during field activities.
Provide support on the following types of projects/activities:
- Air Quality Permitting and Compliance
- Wetland, Stream delineation and aquatic surveys
- GPS equipment use and data management
- Site Investigations, impact assessment, construction oversight
- State and federal agency permitting (PA, WV, OH)
- Erosion and sedimentation control best management practices
- Stormwater runoff and management best management practices
- Bachelor’s degree in earth sciences, ecology, biology or related discipline; Masters a plus. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Recent grad to two years of relevant work experience, including willingness/interest in field assignments.
- Willingness to travel to client sites.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Local candidates preferred.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com