Job ID Number 2017-21329-1957
** This is for a proposal opportunity.**
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance.**
Serves as a neutral independent subject matter expert to advise OSL Sites and Senior Management of all matters regarding environmental compliance relative to OSL facilities and operations. Work shall include:
a. Assist the OSL and the Director of Safety to manage the launch National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA) process to ensure compliance with the appropriate federal, DoD, state and local requirements. Prepare appropriate OSL launch NEPA documentation for review in accordance with the OSL NEPA process instruction. Review NEPA documentation prepared by others on behalf of OSL for compliance with appropriate requirements.
b. Perform environmental reviews of selected satellite programs. This process shall include the review of Environmental Assessments submitted by the respective launch vehicle, processing, and launch facilities.
c. Maintain an environmental library for the OSL in order to expedite later reviews. Establishing, maintaining, and distributing "lessons learned" that pertain to environmental, safety, and health.
d. Remain cognizant of all current and proposed Federal, State, Local, Air Force, and environmental laws, executive orders, regulations, directives, standards, and policies and advise OSL Site and Senior Management of impacts to OSL facilities and operations.
e. Prepare for goverrunent review and approval OSL responses to requests for information, requests for review, and data calls, originating from all sources both internal and external.
f. Assist in gathering, coordinating, interpreting, and reporting of environmental metrics as required and appropriate, such as energy and water usage, recycling, and affirmative procurement.
g. As directed by OSL, attend meetings, serve on working groups, or otherwise represent OSL at various environmental themed gatherings, such as host base environmental groups, Intelligence Community conferences, state or county environmental planning groups, Environmental Safety Council, Sustainability Working Group, etc.
h. Review Architect and Engineer studies and designs for proposed renovation and construction projects involving OSL facilities to validate compliance with applicable environmental criteria, appropriate construction permit requirements, and best practices.
i. Attend construction progress meetings involving OSL facilities and review contractor submittals to validate compliance with applicable environmental criteria, appropriate construction permit requirements, and best practices.
j. As directed by OSL or at least annually (calendar year), conduct internal Environmental Assessments to evaluate compliance of OSL facilities and operations with applicable Federal, State, Local, Air Force, and environmental laws, regulations, policies, and industry best practices. Assessments shall include at a minimum:
• Complete visual inspection of all spaces, facilities, and structures on site that are the responsibility of OSL.
• Review of the OSL facilities Operations and Maintenance Contractor's environmental program, to include the procedures, training, and recordkeeping.
• Prepare a draft Assessment Report for government review detailing the Assessment, to include description/listing of areas of inspection, documents and programs reviewed, deficiencies found, and recommendations for correction. Following OSL management review/approval revises and prepares final Assessment Report.
• Advise OSL management in the identification of corrective actions and alternatives, in means and methods to enact the corrective actions, and tracking open deficiencies until corrected (closed).
• Assist OSL management in reporting the internal Assessments and corrective actions to the Headquarters level Environmental Safety Office
k. Assist with the external Headquarters level Environmental and Safety Office audit, to include pre-audit preparation, escort and technical support, and post-audit follow-up.
Performs engineering work in a specific environmental functional area or areas.
1. Performs advanced engineering work concerned with a specific environmental functional area, which may include environmental affects and quality, natural resource recycle and recovery, and/or public health.
2. Analyzes and documents functional environmental requirements.
3. Develops environmental systems, applications, and/or procedures.
4. Directs various tests or experiments requiring the use of nonstandard procedures and complex instrumentation, and documents results.
5. Directs comprehensive engineering studies to determine the most feasible corrective measures for various environmental deficiencies.
6. Recommends appropriate action to assure compliance with federal, state, and local legislation and regulations regarding environmental control.
7. Assists in the overall planning and installation of equipment revision relating to the environment.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. May serve as technical team or task lead.
10. Maintains a current knowledge of relevant technologies and environmental developments through research.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
3. May require a professional engineering certification, depending on job assignment.
8-10 years of related environmental engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com