About the Position:
The surrounding community of Fort Polk is comprised of the towns of Leesville, DeRidder, New Llano and Anacoco. The nearest cities are Alexandria (45 miles northeast) and Lake Charles (55 miles south). The area is considered rural with Kisatchie National Forest, which offers hunting and recreational activities located nearby. Also, located nearby are Toledo Bend Lake, Vernon Lake and Anacoco Lake for those interested in fishing, boating, swimming etc.
The President has ordered a government-wide hiring freeze subject to certain limited exceptions. This position is subject to the hiring freeze. Although we are moving forward with the consideration of candidates, we will not make a selection for this vacancy announcement unless and until the position is no longer subject to the hiring freeze.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Ensures actions are appropriately analyzed under the National Environmental Policy ACT (NEPA) as directed through implementing regulations, policies and directives.
- Ensures coordination with other staff elements, Headquarter elements, outside agencies and the public, to expeditiously complete NEPA documentation and decision processes.
- Ensures all mitigations associated with NEPA documentation are tracked and completed as committed in records of decision and findings of no significant impact and develops materials for development and execution of budgets required to comply with NEPA and NEPA related commitments.
- Ensures proposals requiring NEPA analysis are also cross walked with all other environmental laws and regulations.
- Accomplishes short and long term planning and budgeting for projects concerned with the causes and extent of environmental damage to natural resources as well as devising measures to eliminate or mitigate such impact within the confines of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) laws and regulations.
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel limited to 5% of duty time
- Costs associated with Permanent Change of Station (PCS) are authorized
Closes Monday 5/1/2017
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$60,210 to $78,270/year. Series & Grade GS-0408-11.