Position Summary: Based out of either the Spooner or Rhinelander DNR Service Center, this position reports to the Secretary's Office at Department of Natural Resources and serves as the executive representative of the Secretary’s Office for the Northern region of Wisconsin. The position has the primary responsibility for external relations to include public involvement and cooperation; outreach to the business sector, environmental organizations, chambers of commerce, economic development groups, and local governments; maintaining open communications and developing partnerships with external groups. At the direction of the Secretary, this position is responsible for integrating, organizing and managing external relations on high-level cross-program issues and high profile projects. The Secretary’s Director communicates key messages to defined target audiences in order to establish and maintain goodwill and understanding between the agency and the public. The Secretary’s Director within his or her geographic area fosters integration and collaboration across the department’s programs.
As the Secretary Director, you will serve as a member of the Department Leadership Team (which is comprised of the Secretary's Office, Division Administrators, and Secretary's Directors). This position will travel frequently throughout assigned areas as well as the state.
Special Notes: The successful candidates for these positions will be required to pass a criminal background check prior to appointment.
Required qualifications include the following:
- Representing an organization's leadership through participation in meetings and public appearances.
- Developing and executing a communication plan with regard to the individuals or groups you served.
- Leading, managing or contributing to the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic plans, goals and objectives for an organization.
Preferred qualifications include the following:
- Experience listed above was gained in the public sector (municipal, county, state or federal)
- Experience listed above was with a focus on environmental issues
- Candidate has a post-secondary degree in communications, policy development, public administration, strategic development or a related area.
Deadline to Apply: 4/28/2017. Deadline to apply is Friday, April 28, 2017 at 11:59pm. Applications received after this date will not be accepted.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com