PHEASANTS FOREVER & QUAIL FOREVER
The Habitat Organization
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Education & Outreach
Application Deadline: May 5, 2017
Anticipated start date: July 1, 2017
Location: White Bear Lake, Minnesota (National Headquarters)
Company Overview: Pheasants Forever, including its quail conservation division, Quail Forever, is the nation's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation. Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever have more than 149,000 members and 700 local chapters across the United States and Canada. Chapters are empowered to determine how 100 percent of their locally raised conservation funds are spent; the only national conservation organization that operates through this truly grassroots structure. Since creation in 1982, Pheasants Forever has spent $708 million on 517,000 habitat projects benefiting 15.8 million acres nationwide.
• Serve on executive leadership team and help provide vision and planning for the organization.
• Promote development of future generations that support conservation, habitat and our nation’s hunting heritage.
• Oversee programs for No Child Left Indoors® initiative and R3 initiative. Help create vision and future direction to reach one million people with new and expanded programs.
• Working with a team of experts, meet the objectives established for conservation leadership, hunting heritage, habitat/land stewardship and shooting sports.
• Create and manage budgets for areas of responsibility.
• Develop partnerships with other organizations to support education mission of Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever.
• Cultivate donors and strategic partnerships with affinity to youth and education mission.
• Maintain a high level of communication with all departments and outside partners to advance education mission of the organization.
• Create revenue streams for stability and growth of programs.
• Provide input as needed for production of promotional materials, reports, newsletters and other means of communication.
• Support national and regional programs, training workshops and special events.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in natural resource field, education, business administration, non-profit management or related field.
• A passion for the mission of Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever.
• Proven leadership and team building skills with a minimum of 10 years of supervisory experience.
• An energetic and well organized individual who has a strong record of leadership, teamwork and the ability to lead and coach effectively.
• Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to cultivate and collaborate effectively with diverse constituencies, including principal partners, donors, board members, national team members and volunteers.
• Excellent oral, public speaking and written communication.
• Knowledge and experience with traditional outdoor activities and outdoor education.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and innovation skills, as well as an ability to see the big picture.
Reports to: President & CEO
Salary: Dependent upon qualifications and experience; includes health and retirement benefits.
To Apply: Visit our Recruitment website at www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs.
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please combine your cover letter, resume, and 3 references into a single Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website
Pheasants Forever is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled