This is a hands-on role for an energetic manager with proven supervisory and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple construction sites. The project support team encompasses Environmental Health and Safety, commercial, financial and technical assistance to support the site activities.
• Supervises the allocated projects and ensures delivery on time and budget as well as achievement of other goals & objectives set by management
• Responsible for safety program implementation for the scope.
• Demonstrate strategic and tactical knowledge to deliver excellence and drive continuous improvement and compliance
• Build a diverse, high performing, collaborative team with a common vision who consistently delivers results
• Work collaboratively inside and outside GE, to identify and leverage best practices from other businesses, acquisitions, partners and customers.
• Exceed customer expectations, enhance customer relationships and assure business credibility and differentiation with employees, customers and other stakeholders
• Mentor employees helping them to develop a high performing team and ensure retention of key talent
• Planning of construction sequence and approach
• Oversight of work team mobilisation and preparation
• Contribute to engagement of subcontractors and suppliers up to financial approval threshold
• Collaborate with existing partners to deepen the GE relationship and support the development of local partners for competitiveness and growth.
• Work closely with relevant COE’s to streamline Operations in support of Project Execution.
• Strong focus on Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) mindset and compliance.
• Build strong local and regional relationships with Customers, ensure Customer Satisfaction excellence and help in securing repeat orders with our customers.
• Ensure compliance to Quality Policy and Quality processes are strictly implemented.
• Foster a team environment to facilitate success.
• Ensure compliance with the requirements of GE manuals, specifications, bulletins, work instructions, etc. and devise work plans including all required resources.
• Regularly inspect in-person the progress and quality of wind turbine construction, installation and commissioning work.
• Maintain reports using GE’s various software management tools and databases.
• Ensure all work is performed in accordance with the organisation’s JSA, LOTO, EHS and associated policies/procedures.
• Report errors, violations, incidents or problems immediately using GE reporting systems.
• Submit inquiries to Engineering to ensure technical issues are resolved
• Answer questions from management, Engineering, Sourcing, Projects etc. as required.
• Make a conformance or non-conformance decision upon completion of inspections
• Fluent in English
• Construction experience within Australia EPC environments in a Superintendent role ideally in heavy civils, structural or mining industries for Tier 1 or 2 companies
• Certificate in Civil Construction
• Certificate in OHS
• Demonstrated experience in incident investigation, auditing and quality systems
• Wind Turbine construction and crane work experience will be highly regarded
• Project Management experience
• Significant experience in project scheduling, controls and implementation
• Experience in report writing and familiarity with office systems
• A passion for Health, Safety and Environment
• Ability to work based at sites within ANZ. Potential to work within the wider Asia Pacific region will be considered.
• Strong Technical, Leadership and Interpersonal Skills.
• Hold the appropriate entitlement to work in Australia & New Zealand at date of application (Permanent Resident of Australia or an Australian Citizen or New Zealand Citizen).
• Superior leadership, interpersonal and strategic skills
• Ability to represent the company towards customers, partners and other stakeholders
• Be a deal maker
• Ability to work in a matrix environment, influence and motivate diverse teams to achieve a unified goal
• Drive to interface effectively with all levels of the organization as well as organizations outside GE (customers and regulatory bodies)
• High energy, self-starter
• Strong oral and written communication skills
To Apply: Click Apply Now and search 2897894
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com