ICF is seeking a motivated Wind Energy Consultant with experience in wind resource estimates/net production modeling and/or wind turbine technology. The position will be in either our Denver, CO or Cambridge, MA office – remote working arrangement may be considered. The Wind Energy Consultant, you will be responsible for supporting our work, and building a team for our work in the field of Independent Engineering and Owners Advisory, with a focus in land-based and off-shore wind developments. We seek candidates who will help us grow ICF’s private sector, Independent Engineering business segment by building on our established team.
- The selected candidate will develop and maintain client relations among developers, financial institutions, and technology providers.
- Responsibilities will also include:
- developing and/or reviewing wind resource assessments and net energy production estimates,
- evaluating wind turbine technology and associated balance of system components,
- site conditions and turbine suitability, and
- electrical integration.
- The selected candidate will support technical analysis of supply and construction contracts, construction and O&M plans, warranties, and pro forma models in support of the due diligence of renewable energy projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Atmospheric Science or other applicable discipline.
- 2+ years of professional experience in the renewable energy industry; 1 year experience in the wind industry
- Strong understanding of wind resource modeling and meteorological assessments, including:
- design of measurement campaigns,
- inspection of site roughness and mast mounting arrangements,
- wind flow modeling,
- site ranking studies and micro-siting, and
- net energy production including related uncertainty and variability.
- Knowledge of due diligence and risk assessment process.
- Understanding of project contracts including power purchase agreements, interconnection agreements, supply contracts, balance of plant construction and EPC contracts, and operations and maintenance contracts.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Atmospheric Science or other applicable discipline.
- Experience with developing or reviewing project capital cost estimates, and experience monitoring wind project construction.
- Base-level understanding of power electronics, PV systems, and energy storage technologies.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the renewable energy industry. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in performing independent analysis and review of greenfield and operational generation facilities.
- Proficiency in high-level programming languages (i.e. Microsoft VBA, Matlab, Python).
- Experience in proposal writing with an emphasis on business development.
- Experience in writing industry based technical papers (e.g. white papers).
- Possess advanced MS Office Excel and experience with other MS Office Suite applications
- A desire to work in a dynamic and diverse team environment.
- Exceptional data management and research skills
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to prioritize and multi-task under established deadlines
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com