Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
The Senior Sustainability Program Manager provides key subject matter expertise to senior and executive management in the areas of sustainability, non-governmental organizations (NGO) engagement and environmental philanthropy. You will identify and implement best practices and programs that support SCE’s operational & service excellence framework with respect to sustainability opportunities. The selected candidate will coordinate and lead projects and programs that are typically highly visible and sponsored by senior and executive level management. As the energy industry is transforming and the company is moving toward the implementation of a clean energy future this position will lead the development and implementation of a sustainability plan, NGO strategy and environmental giving strategy for the enterprise. Projects, programs and strategies developed and led by this individual typically support regulatory compliance, have a broad impact on the business, support departmental and corporate goals, and support strategic decision making that advances SCE’s business agenda.
- Develop and deliver programs, policy and business strategy that lead to acceptable outcomes for regulatory agencies and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and environmental non-governmental organizations by leading the development of SCE’s corporate sustainability program.
- In coordination with Local Public Affairs, lead the engagement of environmental non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and other identified stakeholders to address issues/concerns related to SCE business operations and pending regulatory matters. This will include NGO Engagement on behalf of the Preferred Resources Pilot. This will entail strategy development and execution. The creation and maintenance of key trust based relationships will be an essential function of the position. Effective communication skills are critical to success in this role. The engagement will be with all levels within the NGOs.
- Participate and lead discussion in utility and non-utility groups (e.g., EPRI Sustainability Interest workgroup, EPRI benchmarking group, California Utility Sustainability Partnership), to advise, collaborate and exchange information regarding materiality, sustainability and best-in-class sustainable business practices.
- Lead in the development of a focused Corporate Environmental Giving program in collaboration with Corporate Philanthropy and Community Involvement.
- The Program Manager will also represent SCE at industry conferences, regulatory agency workshops/hearings and industry coalition meetings
- Engage with educational institutions and other non-profit and community organizations to develop partnerships that lead to EIX support for impactful environmental programs that support SCE’s overall business strategy to create a clean energy future.
- Bachelor’s degree in sustainability, environmental sciences, government affairs, business, public policy or related discipline.
- Six years of experience leading projects and programs that support positive outcomes with stakeholders, regulatory agencies and NGO’s.
- One year of experience interacting and influencing others in person, via phone and electronic communications at a high level with NGOs regarding sustainability and related matters.
- Bachelor and Graduate degree in sustainability, environmental sciences, government affairs, business, public policy or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Seven plus years of experience leading projects and programs that support positive outcomes with stakeholders, regulatory agencies and NGO’s.
- Experience developing, executing and leading a sustainability program in a large organization.
- Demonstrated experience with relationship management/engagement with NGOs
- Demonstrated experience delivering presentations to the public, NGOs and industry professionals
- Demonstrated experience as an excellent communicator both written and oral
- The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA; however, the successful candidate may also be asked to travel to NGO or other SCE offices as is needed.
- Relocation may apply to this position”
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Policy Statement for Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE:EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 5 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
Southern California Edison is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com