GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. (GZA) is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Practice Leader with 15 to 20 years of experience to support our practice in our Portland, Maine office.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in Regulatory Compliance, Environmental Health and Safety, Environmental Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, and/or Environmental Science. This position requires excellent leadership qualities, with a history of successfully managing projects and staff in a collaborative work environment, and demonstrated experience developing scope and budget proposals, schedules, qualifications packages, reports, and presentations. The candidate should be self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented, quality focused, safety-minded, and must be able to multi-task. Proven client management and business development skills are key requirements as are a demonstrated ability to grow and foster existing client relationships and proactively identify project opportunities and develop new clients.
• Desire to lead and grow a technical practice in their area of expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental/Civil Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, and/or Environmental Science (Master’s Degree a plus)
• Relevant local experience with regulatory knowledge and working relationships with the Maine business community, and federal, state and local agencies
• Professional Licensure or Registration strongly encouraged
• Desire to manage and mentor staff and review and evaluate their work while fostering staff growth and development
• Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical skills and judgment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients, design team members, contractors, and construction managers
• 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and 8-hr Supervisor’s certifications
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of relevant technical software a plus
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com