The Education Department of the National Wildlife Federation is seeking a part-time (24 hours per week) Program Coordinator to join our team. We have a longstanding commitment to the support of programs that help children spend time in and develop a lasting connection with nature and the outdoors. Children with ongoing experiences playing and learning nature are more inclined to become nature lovers and supporters as adults.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible in assisting with increasing the awareness, visibility, and effectiveness of the Eco-Green Program, a STEM education partnership between General Motors and National Wildlife Federation, across NWF, affiliates, schools and the GM community.
This position will implement existing approaches, make recommendations for improving information systems, and develop the new strategies to advance our Children and Nature programming nationally.
In this role you will:
- Advance our strategic focus on wildlife/habitat, pollinators and connecting people with nature
- Manage tracking systems that document and monitor the process and progress of the Eco-Green Program
- Maintain and deepen existing partnership by following up with schools and dealerships quarterly, refine communications and track responses
- Generate awareness and interest in our programs through media and communications outlets
- Coordinate with the program manager to write local and national press releases about student-driven sustainability projects
- Provide communications support by sending out tailored emails to participant lists
- Maintain current records
- Coordinate with the program manager to edit and manage online tool kit for Eco-Green Program implementation
- Coordinate with the program manager to update and prepare metrics reports
- Coordinate with the program manager to edit and contribute updates about the Eco-Green Program - blogs with metrics, school highlight taken from press releases, and special projects
- Update and file resources and tools for Eco-Green program implementation
- Support schools to submit media releases
- Maintain records of media releases
- Process and track check requests
- Learn, transfer, and apply the Eco Green Program within Great Lakes region with infrequent travel within nation
- Contribute to the overarching goals, metrics, and effectiveness of the education team
- Ability to conceive and execute programs with clear objectives, benchmarks, and deliverables
- Ability to develop strategic partnerships with national and regional leaders, volunteers, and other entities whose support and cooperation is essential to success
- Ability to establish and cultivate relationships with institutional funders and individual donors
- Strong technology and computer skills
- Strong work ethic and project management skills
- Ability to be highly professional as well as collaborative, approachable and outgoing
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational oral and written communication skills
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion
- Proficiency with word processing, and PowerPoint software
- B.A. or B.S. in, Education, Communication, Environmental Education, Marketing, Graphic Design (Post-graduate degrees or work preferred)
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant work experience in project coordination, program planning and implementation, establishing and cultivating partnerships
- The selected applicant's workplace actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
This role will require frequent regional travel and occasional national travel.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com