As part of the continued growth and innovation of our Air Quality & Climate Change practice, ERM has an opportunity for an experienced leader to join our global consulting firm as a Director/Partner in California (Northern or Southern), and become a true owner and shareholder in a business with Sustainability at its heart.
We are looking for both established and emerging leaders who are interested in being part of this thriving global community – outstanding professionals who combine strong consulting and business development skills with a strong technical foundation – to foster and expand a network of excellent client relationships in the oil & gas industry. We seek individuals to help us drive the continued growth of ERM’s business through selling and delivering world-class services, recruiting and developing our next generation of leaders, and further advancing our reputation for air quality and climate change solutions.
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a Principal/Director/VP-level professional looking to further their career with an equity stake in a global environmental leader that aims to lead the field in sustainability consulting. A career as an ERM Partner is unique. Our partnership model offers unparalleled opportunities for leaders with ambition, vision and proven expertise, providing:
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization.
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and intangible rewards.
- The ability for “thought leadership” on a wide range of technical and business issues impacting our core markets.
- An extension of ERM’s market position and reach with your established relationships to further drive our growth.
ABOUT THE PRACTICE:
ERM’s Air Quality & Climate Change practice community pursues and wins highly innovative engagements for the most interesting clients, providing the full breadth of air quality and climate change services. With annual global sales in excess of $50 million, ERM’s Air Quality & Climate Change practice is one of the largest among its peers in our industry and is steadily growing at a double-digit pace. In North America alone, ERM has more than 300 dedicated air quality and climate change professionals assisting clients with projects as diverse as developing responses to emerging carbon management programs, to leading complex capital projects through the many hurdles associated with the NSR permitting program.
ERM is structured to encourage collaboration and networking among regional offices, providing opportunities to network with ERM’s national air quality practice team to share best practices and consulting opportunities. Our many leaders proactively work together to build strategies and campaigns around key business drivers for our clients, with the primary focus of finding and delivering high-profile rewarding projects and building our business, whether it be for GHG reporting regulations, new air dispersion modeling challenges, new MACT and NSPS standards, energy management, or climate change adaptation.
- Primary focus on client account development, sales, and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM’s consulting services to deliver strategic value to our clients in the oil & gas sector. In particular, play a key role in growing ERM’s Air Quality & Climate Change practice across its broad portfolio of service offerings:
- Air quality permitting and compliance programs
- Carbon management, energy efficiency, and climate change adaption
- Greenhouse gas and global warming strategies
- Atmospheric dispersion modeling
- Air pollution control technology evaluations and compliance
- Emission measurements and CEM systems
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in significant revenue growth with target clients aligned with ERM’s global strategy.
- Provide business value selling at the top levels of client organizations, raising the profile of ERM’s capabilities within key client organizations, to identify and shape clients’ needs for ERM services.
- Develop new client relationships and expand existing relationships by delivering strategic consulting advice, excellent value, and quality service.
- Maintain pulse on industry business cycles and prioritize sales efforts toward high-potential, top opportunities.
- Manage capture efforts utilizing technical understanding to develop proposals, including written content, pricing, and presentations.
- Contribute to leadership and management of major air quality and climate change programs and projects for ERM’s oil & gas key clients. Lead consulting engagements in the areas of strategic air permitting, compliance assurance, and climate change.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to consultants. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed and given new areas of responsibility.
- Support the growth and development of ERM’s global Air Quality & Climate Change practice and actively collaborate with colleagues across the globe. Drive innovation within the practice to stay ahead of client needs and to differentiate ERM in the market.
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to build ERM’s global business, as well as to lead client and practice teams.
- Meet business financial targets, overall project budget and schedule, client satisfaction/expectations, and internal and contract requirements.
- BS/MS in engineering or related discipline; PE preferred.
- 15+ years’ progressive air quality experience in a consulting environment, working substantially with industrial clients on Title V, PSD, NSR, BACT, MACT, GHG and CEQA-related projects.
- In-depth understanding of the oil & gas and manufacturing industries in Los Angeles Basin and the companies operating in this sector, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business.
- Business acumen to understand business risk and challenges, and recognize corporate opportunities.
- Demonstrable track record in delivering multimillion dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects.
- Offer recognized technical expertise and an established reputation in the local marketplace.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com