ERM is seeking a highly motivated Staff Environmental Scientist to join our consulting firm in Charleston, WV. The successful candidate will work on a variety of projects across industry sectors with emphasis on the Oil & Gas, Chemical, Manufacturing and Solid Waste sectors. This is a great opportunity to work with ERM's technical experts to deliver solutions for our clients relating to the planning and permitting of their capital projects, while building the required experience to expand and develop your career.
- Conduct field work, including wetland, water resource or habitat assessments, sample collection (soil, sediment, ground water, and surface water) and other forms of field data collection and mapping.
- Coordinate and direct surveying, laboratory and other subcontracted services.
- Assist in data interpretation and preparation of site work plans, spreadsheets, figures, technical reports, and permits.
- Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from Project Managers.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, land owners/occupants, and clients during field activities.
- Provide support for field activities such as:
- Wetland delineations;
- Stream delineation and aquatic surveys;
- GPS equipment use and data management;
- ArcGIS project creation, spatial analysis, and data management;
- Site screening and impact assessment;
- Pipeline routing and environmental screening;
- State and federal agency permitting (PA, WV, OH);
- Threatened and endangered species assessments;
- Erosion and sedimentation control best management practices;
- Stormwater runoff and management best management practices.
- Bachelors in Environmental Science, Ecology, Biology or related discipline; Masters a plus. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- 2 to 6 years of relevant work experience, including willingness/interest in field assignments.
- Willingness to travel.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com