Support CH2M’s environmental projects across the Sacramento region and have a hand in transforming tomorrow. As a geologist in our Sacramento office, you will have the chance to provide support in a number of areas including environmental compliance, site investigation, site construction, remedial construction, and the operations & maintenance on various projects; as well as planning, engineering, and construction services to government, military, and commercial and industrial clients. Working with other members of our team, you will assist mid-level and senior staff on environmental projects; support preparation of technical reports for clients, state agencies, or other stakeholders; analyze data, prepare remedial reports, conduct environmental studies, evaluations, and cost assessments; and promote safety leadership and accountability and increase safety awareness to prevent employee and subcontractor injuries.
During your time with us, you will also have the opportunity to work with all aspects of environmental cleanup projects. From the initial investigation phase, to the analysis and preparation of data/studies, to the construction of the remediation site, all the way to the regular operations; you will have the opportunity to be a part of all aspects.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Geology, Hydrogeology or closely related degree
• 0-3 years of environmental experience
• HAZWOPER certification or ability to obtain
• Must be able to perform field work
• Must be able to travel and be in the field up to 50-75%
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
In addition to the Basic Qualifications the ideal candidate might also have:
• General knowledge of site remediation and federal and state regulations
• Ability to plan, perform and oversee field work
• Knowledge of tasks involving multiple methods of site remediation with a focus on remedial design/remedial action and site management/characterization
• Ideal candidate will already reside in Sacramento, CA
• Possess strong writing, verbal communication, and leadership skills.
• Task management skills, including invoicing, and subcontractor management, and ability to write or drive development of technical reports are preferred
• Exhibit integrity and the highest quality in all activities
• Self-motivated, team-focused professional
• Self-starter who can manage and self-direct work
• Masters Degree preferred
• Previous internship or previous related experience
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com