RMI seeks to hire an Associate for its Beijing office with excellent bilingual capabilities (EnglishChinese) and cultural awareness. In addition to bringing a strong technical background related to clean energy issues (e.g., science, technology, business, economics), this individual will need to be an excellent communicator, capable of representing RMI's views powerfully in China to a senior audience. Specifically, this individual will be assigned to work with the China program’s two Managing Directors, directly accompanying them and helping translate in key meetings, providing timely research on critical energy sector topics, translating important documents where required, and helping build and expand RMI's China Office influence. It is important that the individual be able to think independently, engage actively, and have a passion for driving change in the energy sector. This position represents an uncommon opportunity for the right individual to apprentice with RMI's most senior thought-leaders. Depending on personal development goals, a strong-performing individual has the potential to eventually transition into one of RMI's practice areas, or remain as senior support staff over time.
You may be qualified for this position if you have the following:
• A graduate degree (or at least two years of work experience) in an applicable field such as finance, management, energy policy, engineering, or similar, with top-level academic performance and excellent references
• Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to convey complex technical topics in both Chinese and English, and excellent cultural awareness
• Experience in both interpretation and translation, with simultaneous interpretation a plus
• Overseas study or work experience
• Intense curiosity and creativity
• Willingness to take risks by exploring and testing new ideas
• Exceptional problem solving ability
• Inquisitive learner and active listener
• Highly collaborative, strong team player
• A passion for making the world better
Location This position is located in RMI’s Beijing office.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com