Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Serves as environmental program manager responsible for the management, coordination, oversight, and execution of two or more environmental programs such as, but not limited to: solid/hazardous waste, compliance assessments, pollution prevention, requirements determination, and environmental reporting.
- Directs, administers, monitors, and maintains records to ensure the USAG-J is in full compliance with all applicable Federal, Army and USFJ environmental regulations and standards, Presidential Executive Orders, DA and DoD policies.
- Plans and establishes short and long-term objectives for assigned programs.
- Ensures the execution of policies and procedures to accomplish the assigned mission.
- Establishes and ensures adherence to schedules and priorities; interprets technical policy, procedures and regulations and provides technical and administrative advice and assistance as required to resolve problems and maintain continuity of work.
- Conducts on-site inspections and staff assistance visits to monitor compliance, evaluate effectiveness of program, and help units (both military and civilian) maintain compliance.
- Resolves controversial technical and administrative problems. Determines policy deficiencies in overall operations and requests necessary changes in policies, procedures and assignments
- Occasional Travel
- Temporary Duty (TDY) travel of up to 20% of normal duties.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is authorized in accordance with the Joint Travel Regulation (JTR).
Closes Thursday 4/20/2017
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com