Christchurch or Auckland, New Zealand
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated and enthusiastic Senior Water Resource Engineer/Hydrologist to join our Water team in either the Christchurch or Auckland office. The focus of the role will be to lead and deliver a broad range of hydrological and water resource activities across a wide range of national and international water market sectors, including; catchment planning/management, managed aquifer recharge, stormwater and urban hydrology, mining and infrastructure development.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside professional consultants from various discipline groups on exciting and challenging projects. This full-time position will suit someone with strong business development and client liaison experience.
Role responsibilities include:
* Completion of studies, analyses and calculations in hydrology (catchment assessments, extraction and statistical analysis of climate data, water balance calculations, hydrological modelling).
* Completion of studies, analyses and calculations in surface water hydraulics (water flow modelling in natural rivers as well as sizing and design of ditches, culverts and other hydraulic works).
* Direction of field investigations and hydrological monitoring and assessment (flow, rain, etc.) including HSE aspects, equipment selection and the organisation, analysis and presentation of data.
* Technical reporting.
* Mentoring and development of junior and intermediate Golder staff.
* Supervision of sub-consultants as required.
* Project Management and Client liaison.
* Support of Business Development and Marketing activities.
To succeed in this role, you will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Water Engineering or similar (Chartered or working towards Chartered status highly regarded) and significant experience in a consulting role, with a proven track record on successful project delivery.
Demonstrated experience with project scoping and task development, data analysis, report writing and presentation skills is considered essential.
Familiarity with the following software packages would be highly regarded -HEC-HMS (hydrological modelling), HEC-RAS (hydraulic modelling) and SWMM (hydrological and hydraulic modelling). Also experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D (drafting), Goldsim (water balance modelling), Hilltop (hydrological monitoring data management software) and 2D hydraulic modelling (XPSWMM or XPSTORM) would be beneficial.
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 165 offices worldwide, our over 6,500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Our Staff benefit from:
* Attractive modern office environments, located beachside in Takapuna, Auckland or within the Christchurch CBD.
* Career development, professional development opportunities and support of personal growth.
* Competitive remuneration and benefits package.
* The ability to become a shareholder within a wholly employee owned organisation.
* Working with highly skilled scientists, project managers, technical specialists and engineers and high profile clients who ‘make things happen’.
* A passionate and supportive team environment.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com