Grow with Golder!
It takes knowledge and skills to grow a dynamic career at Golder…along with an insatiable desire to learn. As a company that places high value on excellence, Golder supports employee growth and development by giving junior staff the opportunity to work with Golder’s global experts on some of their most challenging projects both nationally and internationally.
Here at Golder you’ll get plenty of feedback, coaching, mentoring, and support. You will quickly discover why Golder is known for its commitment to continuous learning and professional development. In addition to outstanding opportunities for professional growth, our employees enjoy a supportive environment that values family and work-life balance.
Golder Associates is now offering a great opportunity for a Junior Air Quality Engineer to join our Minnesota air quality practice. In this role you will have the opportunity to support US based as well as international air quality projects. Under the direction of seasoned air quality professionals, your duties will include but not be limited to:
* Help to develop air permit applications for various industry sectors (e.g. Oil & Gas, Power, Refining, Chemical Manufacturing, etc.)
* Perform air pollutant emission rate calculations for air permitting, annual emission inventory reporting, and other licensing and reporting.
* Support dispersion modeling projects
* Calculating greenhouse gas (GHG) emission rates and ensuring compliance with GHG programs;
* Providing onsite client support (corporate office or industrial facility), as needed
* Other duties as deemed necessary by supervisor
If your professional areas of interest include the development of air emission inventories, dispersion modeling, air pollution control technologies, regulatory compliance and permitting, environmental impact assessments and ambient monitoring programs we encourage you to apply.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* B.Sc. / M.Sc. in Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, or related discipline;
* A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in the air quality field is required;
* An understanding of federal laws and regulations pertaining to air quality issues is a plus;
* Some knowledge with industrial processes and emission estimation techniques is strongly desired;
* An understanding of dispersion theory or experience with various dispersion models is preferred;
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required;
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
* Self-disciplined, self-motivated, with exceptional attention to detail and technical accuracy;
* Positive attitude to learning new skills;
* The position may require travel as dictated by project demands to client offices or sites, and for interaction with other Golder professionals. The successful candidate will have the ability to travel as required by the job, and possess a passport;
* The position will network with other air quality practitioners, as well as clients throughout the United States, and globally.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our Staff Benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
As a global, employee-owned organisation with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth’s development while preserving earth’s integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.