MWH, now a part of Stantec, seeks a Program Manager for the Pure Water San Diego – one of America’s largest and most innovative potable reuse programs. The Program Manager ensures adherence to the mission and objectives of the Program. He or she has oversight over the Program Management Consultant Team that supports the City with the delivery of multiple wastewater, water reclamation and water purification infrastructure projects. The Program Manager oversees all the services provided by the Consultant Team, including but not limited to: general program and project management services (scheduling, cost controls, risk management, change management, document control, etc), preliminary design of and technical support on conveyance and treatment projects, regulatory support (development of various permit documents), various technical studies to support planning and design efforts, public outreach services, construction planning and operations & maintenance readiness. Advises the City on overall program delivery strategy. The Program Manager is responsible to track and manage delivery performance (cost and schedule) on each task order issued through the contract. He or she will work collaboratively with an integrated consultant/client staff in the client’s office.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Advising and assisting the City of San Diego in the development, management and execution of the Pure Water San Diego program.
• Overseeing the work of a multi-disciplinary consultant team comprised of over 40 subconsultants.
• Serving as a trusted Advisor to the City’s PUD Director and Assistant Director
• Assisting the City with putting in place and implementing a robust governance structure to ensure adherence to a rigorous approach to project management.
• Pro-actively identifying client needs and programmatic initiatives required to address potential program delivery risks and challenges.
• Assisting the client in development of its staff through implementation of best practices and knowledge transfer.
• Developing, negotiating, and managing consultant services authorizations for program management services.
• Preparing or overseeing preparation of various reports for the client and the company.
• Reviewing consultant and contractor submittals including technical and contractual documents.
• BS in Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field required.
• 20+ years’ experience the management of large water/wastewater projects/program, including 10 years involving the management of a team involved in the planning, design and/or construction of utility infrastructure.
• PE registration required.
• Must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to convey program and project delivery needs to the City and to formulate those needs into comprehensive proposals.
• Must demonstrate organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Basic computer knowledge is required including Microsoft Office.
• Strong willingness to be a part of a large global engineering company, and to work with teams in other offices around the world.
• The position involves work associated with critical infrastructure; therefore, a client background check is required.
• MS in Engineering or MBA desirable.
• Knowledge of the potable reuse industry and California water/wastewater regulations, as well as an understanding of advanced water treatment technologies are desirable.
To Apply: Click Apply Now and search 12325BR
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world’s top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we’re looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com