Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an Operations Manager for our Chicago, IL office. This position will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to office project and financial performance, generating business development initiatives, managing client relationships, and ensuring compliance with all regulatory policies and professional standards. Our successful candidate will be an individual with proven success in managing high-level projects, office operations, staff performance, and in acquiring new clients within the environmental services industry.
- Plans and directs technical operations, projects, and business development initiatives
- Acts as primary liaison implementing corporate business strategy and policy at office level
- Manages overall budget, forecasts, utilization rates, resources, and reporting for office
- Ensures that office project teams work together to achieve results – setting performance targets for staff, providing inspiring leadership and direction, and actively identifying and resolving outstanding issues
- Understands and accounts for applicable project contract requirements, assuring that commitments are met in accordance with deliverables, schedules, and with the appropriate level of quality
- Provides field information, feedback, and recommendations to senior management
- Generates leads, assesses new markets, and develops new business opportunities through established contacts and networking
- Conducts marketing presentations & informational seminars for potential clients, oversees the handling of key clients, and works to strengthen the E & E brand in the region
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or related discipline
- A minimum of 10 – 12 years of experience successfully managing people and projects
- Demonstrated ability with business development, client relationship management, consultation, and client acquisition
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic planning skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a pressure environment
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrate sound business acumen in decision-making and problem-solving
- Strong project management, data interpretation, report and proposal writing skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, clients, and other areas of the company
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to quickly adapt to change
- Ability to travel as business needs necessitate
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.