Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a Chemist for our Corporate Headquarters office in Lancaster (Buffalo), New York. This position will be responsible for reviewing and validating environmental chemistry data. Our successful candidate must have excellent data management and computer skills and a good understanding of chemistry principles.
- Quality assurance of environmental chemistry data
- Field sampling, field testing, field lab set-up and analysis, and sample processing
- Management of electronic laboratory and field data using Earthsoft EQuIS Professional, EQuIS Data Processor, EPA Scribe, and project-specific databases
- Coordination with subcontracted laboratories including preparation of scopes of service, data review and validation, electronic data management, and QA/QC oversight
- Preparation of quality assurance plans and data usability and quality control summary reports
- BS / MS in Chemistry or a closely related discipline
- 3 – 5 years of experience with laboratory equipment and testing, multimedia environmental sampling, data validation, QA/QC, and environmental data management
- Understanding of environmental regulations and EPA analytical methods
- Excellent computer skills including relational database experience and strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and data management
- Experience with Access, EQuIS, SQL Server, data management software and database maintenance preferred
- Environmental laboratory analyst experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal communication, technical writing and research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel and perform fieldwork as needed
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.