Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking a Human Health Risk Assessor. This position will be responsible for working on a diverse range of public- and private-sector environmental projects. Our successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of risk assessment guidance, methodology, and protocol for assessing risk to human health from chemical and radiological contaminants. This is a national position that can work from any of the company’s domestic office locations.
- Lead human health risk assessments (HHRAs) for projects such as CERCLA remedial investigations/feasibility studies (RI/FSs) using established methodology and references, including EPA’s Risk Assessment Guidance for Superfund (RAGS).
- Develop project-specific approaches for assessing human health risk.
- Assess cancer and non-cancer risks to human receptors under various exposure pathways and remedial scenarios for environmental contaminants of concern in media such as air, soil, sediment, and water. Contaminants of concern would include chemicals, radionuclides, and/or munitions agents.
- Use appropriate human health risk assessment software programs, models, and codes and their associated data management and risk assessment tools (including, but not limited to, EPA Calculator for chemicals and radionuclides, RESRAD, RESRAD-Build, ACE, AALM, EMSOFT, PBPK models, SHEDs, CAP88).
- Prepare reports for clients and regulators detailing all aspects of the HHRA process including interpretation of HHRA results.
- Coordinate with clients and colleagues regarding HHRA results.
- Perform toxicological assessments.
- Support other aspects of projects including technical writing of reports and proposals, generating leads, assessing new markets, and developing new business opportunities.
- Master’s degree in Toxicology, Biochemistry, or related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience performing chemical and radiological HHRAs and preparing reports.
- Expertise with implementing EPA and other risk assessment guidance.
- Proficiency with reviewing and interpreting analytical data for chemical and radiological constituents in environmental media.
- Excellent math and statistics skills.
- Proficiency with wide variety of HHRA software programs, models, and codes including EPA codes and prefer RESRAD experience.
- Proficiency with databases and spreadsheets.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work independently, as part of a team, and effectively interact with clients and other organizations.
- Strong organizational skills and results orientation with achieving key project delivery milestones and business development objectives.
- Ability to travel to support business needs.
E & E is its people. We are a knowledge-based culture with an integrated staff of more than 85 scientific and engineering disciplines – a group of innovators who pave the way in implementing environmental solutions. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Must be eligible to work in the U.S. Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.