Context: Under general supervision of the Chapter Director and outings leaders assists in identifying, training and supporting Spanish language outings leaders to carry out outings in the Albuquerque area in Spanish.
Scope & Limitations: This is an apprentice position in the environmental field for an individual who is fluent in both written and spoken English and Spanish. The individual may only hold this apprenticeship, or any combination of apprenticeships, for up to 1 year (12 months).
- Refines and improves current Spanish Language Outings Leader Training.
- Identifies a list of partner groups to cosponsor Spanish Language Outings Leader Trainings and to help recruit possible participants in the training.
- Plans and carries out Spanish Language Outings Leader Training 3 times during the year.
- Works with newly trained outings leaders to plan, publicize and carry out outings.
- Provides support during outings including first aide, safety and conservation information.
- Follows up with outings participants on conservation issues and to become outings leaders themselves.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Education required:
- Experience working or recreating in the outdoors.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to work well with diverse group, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Good public speaking, training and presentation skills.
- Proficient computer skills: word processing, spreadsheet, Internet.
Sierra Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Explore, enjoy and protect the planet.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com