The Environmental Specialist is responsible for supporting and in some cases overseeing the production of environmental compliance documentation including any or all of the CEQA issue areas. The Environmental Specialist’s responsibilities may include project management duties and technical writing tasks including but not limited to: proposal writing support, environmental assessments, and CEQA/NEPA documents (like EIRs and PEAs). Responsibilities may also include environmental construction monitoring, field coordination and scheduling, providing specialized assessments, and producing plans, reports, and documentation for various projects or monitoring assignments.
Education and Training:
- BS, BA and/or advanced degree in environmental science, environmental studies, or similar field
- Degree in environmental science, environmental studies, planning, or related field. Consulting experience, advanced degrees and/or environmental certifications (i.e. LEED, etc.) is preferred
- Proven knowledge, familiarity with environmental regulations (including CEQA/NEPA), planning requirements, and environmental policies in California
- Technical understanding and practical knowledge of CEQA and NEPA on diverse projects
- Familiarity working with multidisciplinary teams, clients, agencies, and consultants
- Proficiency in ArcGIS and Microsoft Office (specifically Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Between 3 and 5 years of experience in the environmental planning, consulting, or similar field
- Technical writing on diverse CEQA/NEPA documents (i.e. MNDs, EIRs, EAs, EISs, PEAs, etc.)
- Project management / construction monitoring experience is preferred
To be considered for a position, please send a letter of introduction and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com