Description of Work:
(This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.)
The Planner I (Assistant Planner) serves under the direction of the Regional Planning and Development Director.
- Participates in various regional growth and development planning projects related to the preparation, maintenance and update of the Metro Vision Plan.
- Manages stakeholder engagement strategies, including online engagement tools.
- Reviews and prepares reports and other documents, including products that synthesize data analysis into information for a wide array of audiences.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to the public and other interested groups.
- Evaluates plans and projects from other agencies to obtain data, to assess consistency with adopted regional plans, and for other purposes.
- Conducts research on the programs and activities of peer agencies.
- Develops and organizes trainings and workshops, including Metro Vision Idea Exchanges.
- May provide technical assistance and support to committees.(This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of urban and regional planning.
- Basic understanding of GIS, database, spreadsheet, and word processing software applications.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to: work in team settings; establish and maintain effective working relationships; communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; prepare comprehensive technical reports; work independently, organize priorities, schedule work, and carry out assignments in a timely manner; exhibit public presentation skills.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a Masters degree in urban and regional planning, geography, public administration, or related field.
- Equivalent combination of applicable education and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: M/F/D/V
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 04/11/17 5:00 PM Mountain Time
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com