Reporting to the US Campaigns Director, the Campaigner will help develop and implement Stand.earth’s campaign to stop extreme oil expansion in North America, with California as a primary focus area. The Campaigner will coordinate partners and activists to build a united wall of opposition to oil trains, pipelines, and other forms of new fossil fuel infrastructure and support the growth and development of Stand.earth’s Crude Awakening Network as well as assist with other campaigns as needed. The Campaigner will also develop field capacity and implement field tactics such as protests, petitions, rallies, and educational events and recruit, train and develop teams of activists in strategic regions to carry out this work. The Campaigner will also be responsible for promoting and protecting Stand.earth’s brand in field events the organization endorses.
While the preferred location for this position is in our San Francisco office, we will consider outstanding candidates in other parts of the state.
- Design and implement powerful, innovative and effective campaign strategies and field tactics for the Extreme Oil campaign in consultation with the Extreme Oil Campaign Director
- Develop and support the Crude Awakening Network focused on stopping extreme oil expansion in North America
- Develop and maintain relationships with coalition partners who can provide field support to the Extreme Oil campaign
- Represent the campaigns and act as on-the-ground spokesperson at conferences, events, trainings etc. as needed
- Assist in the creation of campaign materials such as fact sheets, postcards and activist toolkits
- Work with relevant departments to effectively recruit online support (including monetary donations) for the Extreme Oil campaign and to develop effective campaign messaging in Stand.earth social media
- Recruit, train and develop grassroots leadership for the Extreme Oil campaign
- Identify and work with existing networks to support turnout at Extreme Oil campaign events
- Create compelling report backs of field activities including: high-quality photos, high-quality video, direct stories from activists in the field, and assist in the creation of blogs
- Support the growth and development of a comprehensive program for organizing work that supports Stand.earth campaigns
- 5 years organizing/campaigning experience, with experience in markets campaigns strongly preferred
- Independent, self-motivated with a desire to advance Stand.earth’s mission.
- Enthusiasm and passion for environmental campaigning
- Experience with media and fundraising
- Demonstrated success managing volunteers, identifying organizational needs, and problem solving with minimal supervision
- Maturity of judgment and operating talent to achieve credibility and influence with senior management, staff members, and peer organizations
- Committed to the values of diversity, open communication and inclusiveness
- Highly organized, flexible, creative, able to prioritize multiple tasks, and able to thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Excellent project management, follow-through, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com