Kleinschmidt is seeking a Senior NEPA and Regulatory Consultant in our Hoover, Alabama, office, to participate in our expanding NEPA and regulatory service area. Alternate office locations including but not limited to Lexington, SC, or Strasburg, PA, may be considered.
The successful candidate will work on established/ongoing projects throughout the United States and Canada with an initial emphasis on projects in the eastern U.S. This position will require immediate involvement with Kleinschmidt's business development efforts through client relationships as well as the identification and pursuit of new, regional opportunities. Candidates with CEQA, SEQRA, and/or CEAA experience a plus. The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as an environmental permitting consultant or in a related field such as with a regulatory agency.
- Experience with the following: impacts analysis; agency consultation; public process/facilitation; NEPA/CEQA/SEQRA/CEAA compliance; issues scoping; preparation of environmental permitting documents (EIS, EA, permit applications); experience with Section 404, ESA consultations and other federal and state permitting a plus with proven ability to navigate regulations to develop strategies addressing major project issues (regulatory and/or technical).
- Experience with large-scale, complex projects that cross through multiple jurisdictions (e.g., linear energy and transmission, energy licensing and relicensing, and/or habitat restoration/mitigation projects such as large-scale stream and wetland restoration).
- Possess highly developed communication, facilitation, and relationship building skills,
- The ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team across multiple geographic locations.
- Familiarity with working for and contracting with federal agencies is a plus
- Ability to travel required.
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's preferred) in biology, environmental law or related field
- Must possess permanent authorization to work in the United States and possess the ability to be authorized to work in Canada.
Kleinschmidt Associates works primarily with energy companies in North America to protect and enhance the environment without compromising performance. We work at the intersection of regulatory requirements, environmental science, and engineering solutions.
Kleinschmidt offers a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunities for advancement in a growing, national consulting firm. Kleinschmidt is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com