Kleinfelder is looking for the right person to join our Environmental Compliance practice in southern California. This position will sit in our downtown Los Angeles or Irvine office and will help support our compliance, air quality, and assessment practice efforts in southern California, across the state and nationally. This is an exciting and challenging position that requires exceptional verbal and written communication skills and a highly organized and responsive candidate, capable of working in a diverse team environment and handling multiple tasks with competing priorities.
- Responsible for the execution of multi-media environmental compliance tasks in California, including air quality permitting and compliance, storm water management, spill prevention planning, hazardous materials assessments and CEQA technical studies in areas of technical expertise.
- Work with a senior mentor to leverage existing client relationships and build new client relationships to develop compliance projects in the region and abroad.
- Must be able to work independently as an integral team member, using knowledge of industry and/or professional guidelines and protocols to accomplish goals and objectives and solve problems of diverse scope.
- Prepare Air Quality Permits/Plans/Reports, Compliance Audits, Construction and Industrial Storm Water Plans, Spill Prevention Plans, Hazardous Materials Business Plans, Annual Emissions Reports, and other supporting technical studies.
- Risk Management and Process Safety Management experience are a plus.
- May also perform site assessment and remediation tasks as necessary to support local client base.
- Provide technical expertise on multiple tasks simultaneously within scope/schedule/budget
- Work with the project manager to ensure quality is achieved on project deliverables.
- Working with a senior mentor, help to identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take an active role in the development of new business with new and existing clients. Help to develop and expand client relationships in area of technical expertise that generate repeat business.
- Through a combination of excellence in technical delivery and business development, help to capitalize on existing client relationships to expand market share in the local market, while serving national/global clients as necessary.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Science, Engineering, Geology, Industrial Hygiene, or other related field. Master’s degree or equivalent desired.
Experience: 3-8 years of related experience, demonstrating successful technical execution on environmental compliance programs.
Certification/Registration: Related professional certifications preferred.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com