AdvanSix – Chesterfield, VA - Environmental Engineer
- A team member of the Chesterfield Plant’s HSE&S team
• Manage and administer the compliance programs associated with Air, Water and Waste.
• Work with the site on preparation and submission of required permit applications, environmental reports, and compliance plans.
• Anticipate future regulatory impacts and develop/implement strategies to sustain compliance.
• Maintain and improve as necessary all permit monitoring, reporting and internal controls
• Manages Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (VADEQ) and Environmental Protection Agency inspections including data organization, submittal, and proper management of confidential documents.
• Participate in emergency operations, environmental notifications, and available for on call responsibilities.
• Provide environmental training/awareness in all areas of environmental requirements that will ensure compliance.
• Review and approve site proposed changes and appropriations requests.
• Partner with site operations to ensure compliance with program requirements.
• Lead the wastewater loading and waste reduction efforts.
- Determine future ENVR Projects & associated costs per the site’s Annual Operating & STRAP plans.
• Manage the site remediation activities.
• Participate in site tier meetings as part of the AdvanSix Management System with a focus on integration of HSE activities in standard work and leadership standard work.
- Manages the site’s New Chemical Approval process
- Serves as the site EPCRA Coordinator (Emergency Planning & Reporting)
- Serves as the site TSCA Coordinator (Toxic Substances Coordinator)
- Serves as the site TESAC Coordinator (Transportation Emergencies)
- Serves as the HSE Interface for the site’s Utility & Laboratory groups
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science or related field.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience managing Water, AIR, and RCRA compliance programs.
• Demonstrated experience with environmental regulations in a chemical manufacturing facility a plus.
• 3 years minimum experience working with governmental regulatory agencies
• Experience in chemical manufacturing environment
• Experience working with unions desirable
• Uncompromising drive for compliance and willingness to escalate issues as needed
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills and have the ability to interface with and influence all levels of plant personnel
• Six Sigma certification preferred
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Strong auditing abilities
• Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Highly motivated, energetic, self-directed individual with good analytical & problem-solving skills.
• Experienced with managing multiple priorities.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other software used for ENVR compliance
AdvanSix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com