ERM is seeking an experienced Project Manager - Hydroelectric with prior consulting experience to join our Impact Assessment and Planning practice in Portland, OR. The ideal candidate will have established relationships with hydroelectric utilities, along with technical expertise leading FERC, NEPA, and development of new hydroelectric projects.
- Serve as Senior Project Manager for FERC licensing and post-license compliance, NEPA environmental assessment (EA) and environmental impact statement (EIS) projects, and related activities in support of ERM clients’ capital projects in the power sector.
- Contribute to preparing EAs/EISs and associated management plans in compliance with FERC and NEPA, serving in roles ranging from lead technical expert to QA/QC. Achieve client’s expectations for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- As a senior consultant, contribute to business development of ERM’s hydroelectric practice, including pursuit of licensing work. Identify and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership role in developing new business with new and existing clients. Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Assist and guide clients in selection of appropriate technical studies and licensing processes for their hydroelectric projects. Function as primary client contact coordinating the resolution of problems, reviewing progress, recommending alternatives, and advising on project objectives.
- Assist clients in negotiations with partners, water and power utilities, resource agencies, and stakeholders, and provide input on the development of agreements needed during studies and in the licensing process. Assist in negotiations for topics such as engineering, engineering economics, engineering finance, and environmental services needed for compliance with federal and state environmental laws.
- Assist clients in the development of agreements with resource agencies and other stakeholders pertaining to regulatory, engineering, and environmental matters as required by FERC. Provide stakeholder engagement services.
- Lead, manage performance, hire and retain, and mentor junior and mid-level personnel for overall success.
- BS/MS in engineering or related field; PE or similar registration desired.
- 10+ years of experience working on licensing hydropower projects, with vast experience in executing projects in the US.
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful business growth strategies in the hydropower market.
- Solid grasp of the key technical and management issues within the hydro market, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad knowledge of best practices.
- Recognized technical expertise and established reputation in the marketplace, including positive reputation with key regulators relevant to FERC licensing approvals.
- Well-developed teambuilding and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by the success of ERM as a global company.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com