NRDC is seeking a Program Assistant in the Center for Policy Advocacy department’s Government Affairs team in our Washington DC office. The Program Assistant will support the Government Affairs team as a scheduler, administrative assistant, research assistant, correspondence and social media writer, internal coordinator, and front-line interface to external parties, including with coalition groups and Hill offices.
- Managing the busy calendars of several individuals that form the GA team
- Providing administrative support to the GA team, such as coordinating travel arrangements; processing contracts, invoices, and reimbursements; tracking budgeted expenses
- Providing basic research and writing support
- Writing, editing, and proofreading policy documents, external correspondences, and GA social media
- Facilitating, coordinating, and supporting follow-ups to internal or external meetings
- Executing special projects as they come up
- Strong preference for having at least one year of full-time professional experience on the Hill or at a large national advocacy or trade association’s government affairs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; professional demeanor and presentation
- Superior personal organization, time management and multi-tasking ability
- Good judgment; attention to details; low ego; follows instruction well; can-do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and be adaptable
- Experience in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.