This position exists within the Enforcement Section, Compliance and Enforcement Branch, Office of Air Quality (OAQ) of the Indiana Department of Environmental Management. The position is responsible for compliance and enforcement work involving industrial, manufacturing, and other major sources of air pollution. This position evaluates assigned enforcement referrals, analyzes problems, and recommends a course of action to bring a violator into compliance, including gathering of evidence and serving as an expert witness at adjudicatory proceedings.
- Conduct enforcement activities to bring sources back into compliance;
- Gather and review necessary evidence;
- Recommend an appropriate enforcement action to address any noncompliance consistent with branch and office policies, guidance, and SOPs
- Issue Violations Letters, Notice of Violations, Proposed Agreed Orders, and Commissioners Orders;
- Negotiate settlement of enforcement cases to resolve noncompliance by regulated entities;
- Communicate and consult with regulated entities, consultants, attorneys, associations, individuals, and community organizations to assist and resolve compliance and enforcement issues;
- Coordinate with U.S. EPA and other groups including other federal and state agencies, local health and fire departments, and other local governmental agencies to address compliance and enforcement issues.
- Enter and maintain data in appropriate compliance and enforcement databases;
- Interpret state and federal laws and regulations governing air pollution and air pollution control
- Maintain broad and extensive knowledge of assigned areas of expertise including NSPS, MACTs, NESHAPs, and the enforcement process;
- Serve as a resource person for the branch in the assigned areas of expertise;
- Conduct special studies and projects when necessary
Five (5) years work experience in an environmental or environmental public health field or accredited college training in a related field.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com