BASIC FUNCTION SUMMARY
- Assists in coordinating the company’s overall Environmental Plan with specific responsibility for Environmental quality standards.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and all existing Federal, State and Air Force laws and regulations. Develops site specific environmental programs to comply with applicable regulatory requirements as required. Coordinates with state officials in the development and execution of related permits.
- Strong working knowledge of Air Force environmental programs, EPA, state, and local regulations as well as contractual requirements such as compliance, pollution prevention, conservation, and community relations.
- Promotes effective communication, be customer oriented, and provide quality service to Air Force customers.
- Work requires contact with governmental agencies and private entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Member of a team of professional environmental engineers and technicians performing essential support services for the customer.
- Under the supervision of the Environmental Supervisor or Lead may be responsible for performing duties in the water, natural, cultural, EIAP/NEPA and Green procurement programs.
- May be required to assist the Hazardous Waste and the Air Quality Program Managers.
- Act as liaison with representatives of Base Safety, Fire Department, OSHA, and other government organizations. May be called on to be a liaison to state environmental officials and offices.
- Monitors trends to identify environmental problems or hazard areas, and recommend corrective action to management.
- Provides input that supports the installation’s Environmental Plans and that complies with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Services include providing training and developing training programs and procedures.
- Participates in and attends the environmental working groups.
- Assists the Environmental Program manager in overseeing the maintenance of related environmental plans, permits, data bases, and activities.
- In accordance with local, Federal, State, and Air Force regulations, supports the annual training as required.
- Assists in maintaining all related environmental plans.
- Supports the environmental team in the management of the Pollution Prevention Program (P2).
- Assists the environmental team in the management of universal waste programs.
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Responsibilities associated with administrative practices and procedures to include writing, editing, and report writing techniques, record keeping, and records management is required.
- Employees at this level perform work under the direct supervision of the Department Supervisor or Lead.
- Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
- Environmental Technician II: Bachelor’s degree in natural, physical, or environmental sciences or a related field plus a minimum of one (1) years experience in a related area of environmental management, administration, or supporting operations. Related graduate level education may be substituted for experience. Five (5) years full time equivalent experience in related environmental program functions may be substituted in-lieu of a BS degree.
- The Environmental Technician II shall possess knowledge of the principles, standards, and techniques of environmental, safety, and occupational health management.
- Must be proficient in the operation of computer systems.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software.