Primary Location US-MO-Kansas City
Other Locations US-DC-Washington, US-CA-Brea, US-CO-Denver, US-TX-Dallas, US-TX-Houston
The Environmental Services (ENS) Global Practice of Burns & McDonnell is currently seeking a Project Manager to support and build a Federal Project Execution team. We are open to location throughout the U.S. The work anticipated under this position would include such services as environmental surveys, NEPA analysis, and permitting services. The candidate should have an established and successful history of managing federal projects (focus on DOD) including but not limited to developing proposals and cost estimates, executing projects, developing strategic plans for new business and recruitment and hiring of key personnel to support the growth of the team.
- Project management, team leadership, management & mentoring of junior staff
- Prepare studies, evaluations, NEPA and state documentation for all types and sizes of environmental projects
- Develop, cultivate, and strengthen relationships with federal clients
- Develop business for the ES&P Global Practice in the federal sector
Qualified candidates will have experience with agencies such as: Army Corps of Engineers, National Guard, NAVFAC, Department of Energy. Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree in natural sciences, planning, environmental sciences, engineering, or related fields. Minimum 8 years of federal permitting and experience with business development in environmental consulting.
Previous experience in environmental consulting preferred including:
- A demonstrated technical competence and project experience in natural, cultural or socioeconomic resource fields applicable to federal facilities management and planning.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Desired candidates will have experience identifying opportunities and taking them through the sales process to closure. Strong, established relationships with specific federal agency staff and specific installations is a requirement. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to attract and retain clients and build backlog, revenue, profit, direct labor and ROI over time. This individual must also have program and project management capabilities and be able to effectively balance direct and indirect utilization rates. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required to develop and maintain relationships. Strong analytical and problem solving skills are a must.
Travel Yes, 25 % of the Time
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com