This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Coast Guard, Deputy Commandant for Mission Support (CG-DCMS), Assistant Commandant for Engineering and Logistics, Office of Civil Engineering, Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center (SILC), Civil Engineering Unit Oakland, in Oakland, CA.
The incumbent will serve as a professional Environmental Engineer for Coast Guard environmental programs encompassing environmental compliance, environmental restoration, environmental liabilities, environmental planning and environmental sustainment, responsible for effectively and efficiently assessing environmental impacts associated with construction projects and coordinating with regulatory and resource agencies to assure compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act, Department of Homeland Security/Coast Guard policies and instructions, and Federal, State and local statutory and regulatory environmental management/compliance requirements.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Identifying studies and actions that require contractor support, preparing scopes of work and specifications, preparing independent government estimates, evaluating proposals and preparing technical analyses and monitoring contractor performance.
- Executing and managing the environmental compliance, restoration and environmental liabilities, environmental planning and sustainment, and environmental stewardship programs.
- Participating in environmental audits, hazardous waste management surveys, EMS audits, and similar compliance assessments.
- Reviewing program and project documents such as master plans, studies and plans, and specifications for adherence to environmental regulations, pollution prevention standards and sustainment, and stewardship best practices.
- Providing technical guidance, interpreting regulations and policy requirements, and providing training on procedures and best practices for general and specific compliance with laws, regulations and policy in the broad environmental program categories of clean air, clean water, waste water, hazardous materials, hazardous waste, cultural resources, historic resources, natural resources, petroleum oil and lubricants (POL), solid waste, storage tanks, toxic substances, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), environmental noise, pollution prevention (P2) and environmental management systems (EMS).
- Occasional Travel
- This position requires occasional travel.
- Relocation/PCS is authorized.
Closes Tuesday 4/4/2017
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$86,663 to $112,665/year. Series & Grade GS-0819-12.