Who May ApplyBureau Wide/Indian Preference Eligibles/Current Status or Former Career Status Federal Employees with Reinstatement Eligibility/VEOA Eligibles
As a Environmental Protection Specialist GS-0028-13/14, your typical work assignments may include the following under supervision:
- Plan and manage major and continuing environment protection programs, characterized by regulatory and oversight responsibilities
- Analyze and evaluate BIE Facilities programs, policies, and procedures for environmental consequences and makes recommendations to supervisor and professional Facilities staff
- Research and implement policy and procedures related to environmental compliance
- Develop and recommend policy and procedures for handling all environmental compliance issues
- Perform assessments or inspections of facilities to ensure emergency planning and community right-to-know requirements, water quality management, and air quality management necessary to comply with EPA requirements.
- Provide oversight and guidance on EPA and Departmental compliance initiatives and develops environmental remediation as part of BIE's five year asset management plan.
- Provide oversight of new construction activities to ensure environmentally safe and energy efficient facilities for students
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
- You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Closes Monday 4/3/2017
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com
$86,040 to $132,177/year. Series & Grade GS-0028-13/14.