KMEA is a multi-discipline environmental services firm growing its contracts with the Federal Government and private sector clients. We are seeking a Habitat Restoration Technician, for work activity in the Camp Pendleton area, experienced in conducting weeding, soil preparation, seeding, planting, propagation and monitoring for restoration projects. Work duties include weeding and habitat restoration activities including special status habitat types. Currently these assignments are Part-Time On-Call (no fringe benefits), we are currently in discussion to expand these contracts which may make these positions Full Time with fringe benefits.
The Restoration Technician should have familiarity with planting and weeding, work plans, watering systems for remote projects, pesticide applications and demonstrated field skills. The Restoration technician will work with the Restoration Leader and team members in performance of field work and may perform job functions independently as required. The position is primarily field-based and does require good physical conditioning and travel to work sites.
- Hand weeding and pesticide application.
- Follow work plans, restoration plans, and health & safety plans.
- Conduct seeding, hydro-seeding, planting and propagation.
- Build and maintain grow yards, nurseries, transfer and plant plants.
- Use of hand tools and machinery related to farming and restoration projects.
- Learn and use Conservation Measures.
- Learn plants species native to California.
- Read irrigation diagrams and maps.
- Operate OHVs, 4 wheel drives, and water truck.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to work in the field, hiking all day, in all weather including hot summer.
- California Pesticide Qualified Applicators Certificate (QAC) license preferred.
- Knowledge of weeds and California plants highly desirable.
- SIX months field experience in nursery, planting, or habitat restoration required.
- Working knowledge soil preparation, irrigation methods, and nursery equipment.
- Knowledge of heavy equipment, water trucks, farm equipment, four-wheel drive.
- Seeding, hydro-seeding, and plant propagation for restoration desirable.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work outside full time with long exposure to weather and elements.
- Must be in good physical condition, able to walk, hike and carry gear independently.
- Must pass drug test, MVR check and federal government background check.
- Must be a U.S. resident or have permanent citizenship.
- Must be able to travel daily up to 100% of the time for field assignments in Southern California.
- Safety focus required, first aid/CPR a plus.
- MINIMUM OF THREE REFERENCES REQUIRED -
KMEA is an EOE and encourages U.S. Military Veterans and other Protected Class Applicants to apply.
Please follow this URL to apply for this position: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1539939