This position is responsible for leading the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Policy Analysis and EHS Due Diligence Risk Management teams.
Required skills and experience include the ability to lead a team of senior EHS technical professionals in (1) monitoring, analysis, position development and advocacy support for EHS legislation/regulation and (2) conducting EHS due diligence in support of Company transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, property transactions, and international transactions. In addition, this position will be responsible to support the Chair of the Enterprise Strategy Integration Team (SIT) in developing the Company’s environmental strategy and ensuring integration of the implementation of the strategy. Represents policy team on subcommittees to the SIT.
Paramount is the ability to lead teams in developing highly effective recommendations to support informed business decisions associated with complex policy issues, strategy implementation and due diligence projects. Leads cross functional teams in the development of strategies to reduce short and long term risk, and achieve aggressive performance targets. Analyzes proposed regulation and legislation to identify potential risk to Boeing; develops recommendations on policy positions and supports engagement/advocacy efforts to mitigate risk. Position holder must be forward-looking and help coordinate the flow of information to the Environment Director and other executive-level partners.
- Candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of environmental and safety policy trends and their global and regional implications. Comprehensive understanding of US government environmental and safety regulatory and legislative processes at the state, federal level as well as broad understanding of key international policy issues and mechanisms.
- Ability to lead EHS due diligence team in conducting risk assessment and mitigation plans for transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, real property and international (OBIP).
- Ability to prepare briefings and reports to various Boeing Senior Leaders including effectively coordinating with senior leaders from cross functional support teams to develop work product. Supports preparation of Executive Council level reports for EHS Policy Council, Enterprise Risk Visibility Board, Compliance Risk Management Board, Business Review and other related forums.
- Ability to build, lead, motivate and sustain high performing, cross functional work teams in support of meeting business goals and objectives. Develops and executes integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives.
- Ability to create a culture of continuous improvement by communicating/deploying enterprise best practices and employee engagement to improve cost, quality, delivery, employee job satisfaction and customer satisfaction. Identifies, recommends, gains support from direct reports and cross functional teams for and implements process improvements for internal business management processes.
- Capacity to develop and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with internal and external business partners, suppliers, regulatory agencies, external stakeholders, peers, and direct reports in support of business goals and objectives.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with stakeholders as well as internal Boeing functions such as engineering, product development, communications, legal, government affairs and other business partners. Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes, regulatory compliance plans and supplier.
- Experience should include demonstrated success in a wide range of successful working relationships with agencies/elected officials/coalitions, leading diverse teams, consensus building with stakeholders and developing effective policy/regulatory strategies.
- Experience or understanding of Boeing engineering and production systems in order to assess policy/regulatory impacts desired.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Bachelor's degree and 10 years related work experience. Preferred Master's degree with an equivalent combination of experience. Degree/ Advanced Degree in a field related to public policy, law, environmental or engineering preferred.
- Strong leadership and team building, project management, technical, communication skills.
- Strong leader of people; strengths in developing individuals, teams and creating a diverse & inclusive work environment.
- Strong project management, business operations, and finance acumen. Proactive in understanding and anticipating business and external stakeholder requirements.
- Strategic thinker; ability to align external requirements within the broader organizational goals.
- Ability to effectively manage ambiguity and to collaborate and partner with business leaders.
- Excellent communication skills in both business and technical context and at all levels within stakeholders are required.
- Exceptional business judgment and strong strategic thinking skills. Demonstrated abilities in preparing and delivering presentations in front of both small and large audiences at all levels.
- Successful candidate must have demonstrated abilities to manage multiple projects and processes under complex environments.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, international regulatory requirements concerning Boeing engineering, production, environmental compliance and supply chains desired.
- More than 3 years of experience leading or managing cross functional teams.
- More than 3 years of experience developing/maintaining team schedules, resource management, risk management, and project management.
- More than 1 year of experience providing briefings to senior and/or executive level management.
- Experience working with either government agencies/political processes and/or aerospace operations/products.
- More than 3 years of experience in the Aerospace Industry.
- Experience working with non-U.S. chemical laws and regulations.
- Experience working with chemical policy industry groups.
- Experience with chemical regulatory programs such as EU REACH or US EPA TSCA.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.