The selectee for this position serves as a ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION SPECIALIST in the Environmental, Safety & Health Department of Puget Sound Naval Shipyard & Intermediate Maintenance Facility.
As an Environmental Protection Specialist your duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Processing environmental permits, licenses, or related materials to assure federal, state, and local laws were followed.
· Investigating complaints and suspected violations of environmental laws (e.g., illegal dumping, pollution, pesticide use, improper labeling) to determine if violations have occurred or if laws have been broken.
· Collecting environmental samples (e.g., soil, bulk asbestos, radon, noise, and waste stream) for analysis.
· Analyzing environmental data to study factors impacting natural resources.
· Surveying environmental conditions for compliance with environmental quality standards based upon federal, state, local laws, regulations, and policy.
· Conducting periodic assessments to identify weakness or threats to environmental protection infrastructures.
Closes Tuesday 3/28/2017
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com