We are seeking a full-time Development Research and Communications Intern to fill our summer internship opportunity for approximately 3-4 months. RMI’s development team spans the country, with an abundance of enthusiasm and diligence to inform and excite our funders about opportunities to support RMI. We are looking for a talented and motivated intern with great attention to detail and a passion for RMI’s work. The expectation is that the intern will co-design with the development team a cross-sectoral project for the duration of the internship that furthers development ability to leverage marketing, social media and contact management databases.
RMI has offices in Boulder CO, Basalt CO, New York, Washington, D.C and Beijing China. This internship will be based in Boulderwith possible assignments to other locations.
RMI Interns are paid a stipend of $550 per week and are expected to work a full-time schedule for a total of 11-12 weeks. Start and end dates can be flexible based on individual needs.
- Research project to further prospect pipelines using current databases and search tools: salesforce, donor search, foundation center and Wealth-X
- Co-design with the development team a cross-sectoral project for the duration of the internship to further development prospect pipeline and ability to leverage marketing, social media and contact management databases
- Geographic and Issue based research and sectoral analysis
- Communications automation and social media outreach
- Produce information materials for the RMI National Solutions Council
- Assisting Development Officers with fund raising events
- Support Development Officers on individual research requests and updating contact accounts
- Contribute to training materials and slide decks on development theory in practice
- Presentation made at the end of the internship to all programs
Skills & Qualifications:
- MS or MA Graduate Student in business, marketing, sustainability or related field
- Strong motivation to learn and be part of team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Skilled at research using online resources and network mapping
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Must be proficient with MS Office. Experience with SalesForce; Donor Search, Foundation Connect, Pardot a plus
- Positive Attitude
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com