The Sr. Manager, Environmental will be responsible for environmental projects for our Amazon Web Services (AWS) data centers. You will lead the global team to: develop standards and policies to enhance our regulatory compliance efforts as well as provide environmental compliance guidance to our operations and construction teams. You will perform environmental performance analysis and guide the team in implementation of the Amazon environmental standards. You will work with internal and external partners that include AWS Legal, government entities, contractors, consultants, operations and other key stakeholders.
This position is based in Seattle, WA or Herndon, VA and will require some domestic and international travel.
The Principal Environmental Engineer must have excellent communication, strong environmental regulatory knowledge, and success in complex technical program and project management.
· Manage compliance with Federal, State and Local environmental regulations and Amazon policy. This includes all basic environmental compliance disciplines.
· Develop regional strategic programs by enhancing engineering, construction, and operations. Drive an environmentally responsible culture within the organization.
· Function as a leader regarding regulatory agency interactions, permit evaluation and processing, and new process and technology introduction in the business.
· Ensure work performed by contractors, consultants, and employees are completed in accordance with Amazon third-party standards.
· Develop environmental performance metrics and measure and monitor against those metrics for process improvement.
· Prioritize and administer multiple technically complex assignments concurrently.
· Represent Amazon at appropriate levels with governmental agencies and throughout the company.
· Lead the effort in the development and advancement of environmental strategy, policy, and tools.
· Responsible for environmental compliance budget and spend.
· Build collaborative relationships with various stakeholders to ensure risk are identified early and managed appropriately.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, chemical or environmental engineering or related field of study.
- 10+ years of experience serving as an environmental technical resource, program specialist, or program manager and leading teams in these areas
- Significant experience advising and managing projects involving environmental issues relevant to construction and operations
- Experience developing environmental policies and programs on a large scale
- Experience in environmental compliance in the data center industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort and confidence in interacting with multiple leadership teams
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization is a plus
- Experience developing environmental management systems; e.g. ISO 14001
- Experience demonstrating a high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- A completed Master’s Degree in an environmental-related field
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com