The Lead Environmental Specialist will provide global support for driving environmental excellence of Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT) focused on implementation of effective operating mechanisms that assure regulatory compliance, management of environmental risk and achievement of performance excellence at the operating line level of PMT in addition to supporting a mature environmental culture via the Honeywell Operating System (HOS).
Honeywell Performance Materials & Technologies (PMT) is a global leader in providing customers with high-performance specialty materials, including fluorine products; specialty films and additives; advanced fibers and composites; intermediates; specialty chemicals; electronic materials and chemicals; and technologies and materials for petroleum refining.
Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 131,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. We are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive. For more information, please visit Honeywell.com or follow us @HoneywellNow.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position reports to the HSE Environmental Center of Excellence (COE) Leader. The work location of the position is flexible within the United States.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
• Develop and support the implementation of environmental programs and practices consistent with the HON Corporate HSEPS & PMT HSE Management Systems
• Provide expert technical support for the environmental COE in PMT
• Assist in establishing vision, goals, objectives and targets for environmental performance.
• Assist in developing quality metrics to drive performance improvements.
• Provide expert hands-on technical involvement on issues, programs, and processes involving compliance with environmental standards and policies and interpretation of local and national environmental requirements, permits and regulations.
• Review, interpret and communicate new Honeywell Corporate and PMT Environmental procedures, legal and other requirements.
• Develop and improve PMT-wide environmental standards/programs, ensure the standards meet regulatory compliance and corporate guidelines which are implemented via Business Implementation Leaders and site HSE resources (i.e. Air Emissions, Wastewater, Stormwater, Drinking Water, Container Management, Spill Prevention and Control, Waste Management etc.).
• Participate in the deployment of functional HOS; participate in various audits (Corporate and SBG) and in Honeywell HSEPS work teams
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental or environmental science, engineering, chemistry or related science discipline required
• Minimum 7 years progressive experience in an environmental or health, safety and environment (HSE) role
• Thorough working understanding of US Environmental laws and regulations is essential
• Excellent knowledge of US and global environmental performance laws and regulations is strongly preferred
• Experience with leading & managing environmental excellence programs in a process industry
• 10+ years progressive experience in Health, Safety and Environment, with an emphasis in the environmental discipline strongly preferred
• Operational experience in the chemical industry is highly desirable
• CSP Certification, CHMM and/or Six Sigma certification preferred
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.