Environmental Standards, Inc., a leader in developing innovative solutions to client environmental liabilities, has a senior-level biologist position available in our Knoxville,Tennessee office. If requested, exceptionally qualified candidates will be considered for an alternative work location in our Valley Forge, PA office. Individuals will be considered for this position who are proven seller-doers and who will bring significant revenues to the firm.
Since our inception in 1987, we have enjoyed long-term relationships with Fortune 500 companies and continue to provide high-quality scientific consulting services using emerging science and technologies.
The successful candidate will also provide services within Vitale Scientific Associates, LLC (VSA), a wholly owned subsidiary of Environmental Standards. Within VSA we provide sample program design, planning, and oversight of sample collection design and protocols for measurement of microorganisms/pathogens and chemical species in foods, feeds, pharmaceuticals and other consumer products. We provide assistance with and/or management of laboratory procurements including drafting and issuing technical specification manuals, laboratory audits, design, planning, and execution of performance evaluation studies and performing evaluations of laboratory proposals
We are seeking a biologist with expertise in microbiology and aquatic bioassays to perform laboratory auditing, data validation, quality assurance program management, and consulting. The following responsibilities are associated with this position depending upon the amount of prior experience:
• Audit the procedures of microbiology and aquatic toxicity testing laboratories.
• Review and validation of microbial and aquatic toxicity data.
• Write proposals for new projects and reports for quality assurance services.
• Prepare Quality Assurance Project Plans and Technical Specifications.
• Marketing and sales to bring in new clients and consulting opportunities.
• Project management.
• Serve as a technical resource for other technical staff.
• Senior technical review of data validation reports and other technical reports.
• Extensive travel for client meetings, laboratory audits, and presentations at conferences/seminars.
The following qualifications are required:
• Broad-based expertise in aquatic toxicity testing, including methods for the determination of acute, chronic, and sublethal effects.
• Expertise in fresh water and marine toxicity testing.
• Expertise in reproductive and early life stages effects testing.
• Knowledge of the appropriate application of endpoints and effects levels.
• Knowledge of software programs used in the determinations of endpoints and dose-response relationships.
• Solid background in microbiological sampling and testing as it applies to the detection of pathogens in environmental, foods, feeds, and pharmaceuticals.
• Knowledge of statistics as they are applied in toxicity testing, microbiological testing, and uncertainty analysis.
The following qualifications are preferred:
• B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. Degree in Biology and/or toxicology.
• Experience in reviewing and validating toxicological data as an independent consultant.
• Toxicity testing laboratory experience in aquatic toxicity testing.
• Experience at a supervisory level in microbiological testing
• On-site auditing experience at toxicity laboratories and familiarity with NELAC and ISO 17025 requirements.
• Broad familiarity with quality assurance project plan preparation.
• Experience with project management.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com