Job Role Summary
The Environmental Advisor will work within the Environmental Department. The Environmental Department supports the Beaumont Refinery, Beaumont Chemical Plant and the Beaumont Polyethylene Plant. This position supports each manufacturing site by completing regulatory analyses, applicability determinations, and maintaining existing regulatory compliance systems. The positions will keep up-to-date with assigned regulations, and supports ExxonMobil Advocacy staff to drive reasonable rulemaking and interpretations.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Provide compliance support to manufacturing sites, including analysis of air, water or waste regulations and applicability determinations.
- Support development of Environmental Business Plans to drive continued improvement in environmental performance by addressing significant environmental aspects in conjunction with other business drivers.
- Support the review of physical and operational changes utilizing established best practices to ensure compliance with assigned regulations.
- Develop compliance plans to ensure compliance with new or revised regulations and permits.
- Maintain and improve existing regulatory compliance systems to drive improved compliance and departmental efficiencies.
- Support ExxonMobil advocacy staff on regulatory issues to help drive reasonable rulemaking and regulatory interpretations.
- Manage agency enforcement actions as necessary using available SHE and Law resources to minimize exposure to ExxonMobil and to maintain the company’s positive image by employees, environmental agencies and the public.
- Participate in internal and external regulatory compliance assessments.
- Associates degree plus significant relevant work experience
- Analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Initiative and self-monitoring
- Results oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental or Science
- Experience working with Environmental air, water or waste issues
- Demonstrated leadership skills
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com